Monday, September 3, 2012

Girls Night(mare) Out in KY!

I should've posted this a couple of weeks ago, but back-to-school duties and out-of-control allergies have kept me pretty busy as of late.  But, since today's Labor Day, thus meaning a day off from work, I figured now is as good a time as any to post about meeting 3 super cool authors on the GIRLS NIGHT(MARE) OUT TOUR.

On August 19, 2012, I was fortunate enough to attend this fabulous tour stop in Crestview Hills, KY.  There, I was stoked to meet Marta Acosta, author of the wonderfully gothic tale DARK COMPANION, Kendare Blake, author of the super-creepy ANNA DRESSED IN BLOOD and the companion GIRL OF NIGHTMARES, and Lisa DesRochers, author of the PERSONAL DEMONS series (I admit I haven't read this series yet, and since the bookstore was sold out of the first in this series, I'll have to find it elsewhere so I can start it soon!)

                                                   Marta Acosta, Kendare Blake and Lisa DesRochers

The ladies each read passages from their current releases and answered questions from the audience.  Everyone had wonderful, engaging questions for each of them.  One attendee even asked what their SAT scores was (with as many author events I've attended, I was envious that someone came up with a question I've never once heard anyone ask an author before.  I need to start being more original with my own questions!)

Afterward, the ladies signed books and posters for the lucky audience members, and graciously posed for pictures.  I was excited to get my picture with each and very thankful for all their enthusiasm and encouragement for the would-be writers in the audience.  I can't thank Ms. Acosta enough for all her encouragement and helpful guidance for me in my writing.  Did I already mention how fabulous she is? Seriously, she's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment